Wednesday, November 10, 2010

You are not a Professional

Where have all the professionals gone?  If anybody knows the answer to this please let me know.  I only ask this question because of the nonsense that I have just experienced in the last two days.  Currently I am entertaining all different types of job opportunities but one of them has completely blown my top.

Monday, I interviewed over the phone with this unnamed company that went well enough for to request a in person interview.  For the sake of the story we will call the contact person Shantia.(yea I know) Shantia asks for my schedule for the rest of the week which I reply I work 2pm to 11pm on the weekdays.  Together we came up with the time of 11am on Thursday morning for this in person interview and Shantia says she will email with all the details that evening (Tuesday).  Of course I did not get an email that night but the next morning which was no big deal until I read Wed morning what this damn email said.  In a nutshell she was informing me that she changed the interview from Thursday 11am to Friday at 1pm.  B*tch how are you going to change the interview to another day and time without asking me.  Not only did you change the day but the time you chose is an hour before I go into work.  How in the hell did you think that was going to work?  I am not the f*cking Flash you simple bastard.  Me being the polite, well mannered young man that I am ;) emailed Shantia that this time would be no dice for me.  So then she asks if I can do 11am on Friday but of course I have already made plans on Friday because I was supposed to interview on Thursday.  Long story short we settle for Monday at 1pm.  They still did not take into consideration that I work at 2pm but f*ck it!

I just want to know what made them think they could just change the day and time and everything was going to be copacetic when we originally agreed on something else.  Who does that?  Sure, I am the interviewee and they are the potential employer and maybe they figured I really need the job and they are in the position of power.  What they simply forgot is the fact that they have a damn job opening that needs to be filled!!!  We are kind of on equal footing here.  When did that whole process become all about you unnamed company?  Oh yeah that is right it is not.  I will let you in on a little secret:  I am not taking the job if offered anyways!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think that's pretty standard. The interviewer may ask what time is good for you, but in my experience the company has a time frame when they want all the interviews completed so they can hurry up and fill the position. But good luck and God Bless with them jobs.

    ReplyDelete