Sunday, December 5, 2010

You can't even spell it

Today I was driving in the city and I drove past G Lounge on 17th st between Market and Sansom and I had to chuckle about my last adventure there.  It was over a month ago that I was in G Lounge with one of my cousins and one of his friends.  It was my first time being in G Lounge in over a year and my cousin's friend had some pull where we could travel all throughout VIP and the vault area.

This friend his name is Corey (all names are purely fictional to protect their identities) and he is a hopeful NFL player and all around nice guy.  Most of his time is spent training and going to tryouts to make it to the big stage one day.  As the night was winding down we were leaving and Corey was conversing with some ladies on his way out.  There was nothing out of the unusual until this motherf*cker said, "Bitch this a BUUUUUUURBERRY sweater!!!".(If you see me in person ask for the impersonation, text does no justice)  I heard this come out of his mouth and lost it and broke into tears.  I mean really who says some fly crap like that out of their mouth.  So as we are all walking away to head home he then has the nerve to say, "How she going to come at the Buurberry sweater, it is Burberry!"  At this point I have realized that A.) I hope he gets a office job and never ever has to hit a person to make a living because he is a few head shots away from being a can of V8 or B.) that this name brand sh*t has gotten out of hand.  Mind you one of the nicest people I have ever met but I would bet my next paycheck that he could not spell as he says BUUUURBERRY.

I really started to think are name brands that important to people?  The answer is yes and that is alright if you have the money for it but if you don't chill the hell out.  Me personally am a sucka for Polo but will made sure I have paid all my bills before I go find a polo shirt on sale.  This dude Corey was really so impressed with his canary yellow Burberry sweater that he thought nobody should have said anything negative about it.  Mind you my cousin had to pay for all the drinks because Mr. Buuuurrberry had no money. 

With that said watch your money spend wisely, save wisely, invest wisely and go get you some Buuuurrberry!!!

1 comment: