Thursday, December 9, 2010

It has to be crack

Tobacco is some of the most addictive stuff on the face of this earth.  Specifically cigarettes sometimes referred to as cigs or loosies.  I am not a big fan of cigarettes but I am in awe of the power that they hold.

I am not a huge smoker, I have never had a cigarette, occasionally I enjoy a cigar but that is it. Most cigs smell horribly, makes the air stuffy, leaves some people with stained teeth but that just could be from them not brushing their teeth but I digress.  Personally I know a lot of men who will see a woman with a cigarette in their mouth and they are instantly turned off and any types of wild thoughts vanishes in the thins air.  Me personally would never turn down Jessica Rabbit off of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" but I am a sick sick man.

I respect the fact that cigarettes can be addicting but they make these chain smokers look like crack heads.  Mother Nature has been on her BEST bullsh*t the last few days throwing out 33 degree weather during the day and 24 degrees at night.  I mean it has been cold to the point of my damn face hurting and me contemplating ways to transport myself without actually having to step outside.  Just think about the fact that people will leave a warm room to step outside and smoke cigs in the cold a** weather in damn pajamas pants a hoodie.  Or trying wrapping your mind around the fact that these people were in the warmth relaxing and will throw on multiple layers of clothes to step outside and smoke this cigarette for 5 minutes then go back inside.  That is some addictive a** stuff.

Really grasp the fact that on every packs of cigarettes there is a surgeon generals warning that states:

  • SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy.
  • SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Quitting Smoking Now Greatly Reduces Serious Risks to Your Health.
  • SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Smoking By Pregnant Women May Result in Fetal Injury, Premature Birth, And Low Birth Weight.
  • SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Cigarette Smoke Contains Carbon Monoxide.


The first one simply says your lungs and heart will shut off.  The second one says STOP now you are killing yourself.  The third one says STOP smoking now because you are with child you selfish motherf*cker!!  The fourth one says the stuff you are inhaling gases that were used for executions by the Greeks and Romans.  With a warning like that it is a wonder that people still smoke these things.


The only way I can imagine myself becoming a chain smoker is if the cigarette has been dipped in something that can be addicting that is like actually fun. Ehh, I dunno maybe something like sex or video games.  Better yet if I smoke a certain amount of cigarettes on the coldest day of the year I will finally find that pot of gold that is supposed to exist at the end of the rainbow.


4 comments: