Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Five Seasons

You are probably looking at the title and saying no you idiot there are 4 seasons. Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer but there is one more and it is called Tax season.  There could be six with Killa season but that depends if you are a Cam'Ron fan or not.

Long story short I was trying to get my taxes done last week and I know somebody that does these types of things.  They asked if I would check them out and help them grow.  I was hesitant at first but was like let me help somebody out who is trying to do something with their life.  That was my first mistake!  From previous experience I know their decision making is questionable at best.  I'd rather work with a monkey in a lab but I digress.  Somehow I convinced myself that I was doing the right thing along with some other perks this person said they would be able to help me with on my taxes.

Setup the appointment to meet and this motherf*cker cancels saying they are not feeling well.  B*tch this is TAX season there are no sick days.  What kind of pills have you been popping?  Your company is not trying to hear that you are not feeling well and you can't come in and crunch numbers.  This is exactly why you are constantly searching for work now because your work ethic sucks.  Stuff yourself with medicine, buy a box of tissue, stock up on hand sanitizer and bring your simple a** to work.  There is a reason it is called Tax season, it is pretty high up there on that list of things.  You know the list that says the only thing guaranteed in life are death and taxes.  I mean the Grim Reaper does not take off of work although somebody could argue he has been letting Joan Rivers slide but that is for another day.

There is a chance that I am just being a jerk but I know that I was doing a favor for them and not the other way around.  I have a regular reliable tax person that usually takes care of all those things.  They have never not been available during this time of the year because they are professional.  The rules of the game they understand, respect and play them well.  Just know that you will never ever do my taxes and I am pretty sure you will not have the same job next year but no worries UPS is hiring.

1 comment: