Thursday, July 24, 2014

Ray Rice...what is the fuss about

The regular season for the NFL has not even started but their players are all over the news these days for various reasons.  This time it is Ray Rice of the greatest football franchise of all time the Baltimore Ravens.  I don't hide the fact that I am a huge Raven's fan but I am a greater fan of people shutting the f*ck and just trying to think.

People from all walks of life are coming out of nowhere and are PISSED that he only got suspended for two games.  Between me and you they are probably Steeler's fans but that is neither here nor there.  So the uproar seems to be that PED users and people who smoke weed have been suspended longer than Ray Rice.  People like to say it sets a precedent that domestic violence is okay.  Not really sure where these morons even pulled that from but it gives me a good chuckle every time. A quote pulled straight from a comment board: " So Ray Rice knock the f%ck out of his girlfriend and it's video taped and get suspended only 2 games while someone smokes a little weed and gets suspended the whole year....seems fair"  There are the types of idiots that we are dealing with out here.

First of all there was not a videotape of Ray Rice knocking his lady out but there is a videotape of her dragging her out the elevator.  While some may say I am splitting hairs I simply say there is a difference.  I mean if my girl and I tussle in the elevator and I don't have the decency to remove her unconscious body from the elevator for anybody to do who knows what with, what type of man am I really?  With Josh Gordon here is what we call a MULTIPLE offender with EVIDENCE that he has broken rules.   Do we have evidence that Ray Rice two pieced his then-fiancée?  There is only evidence of him  caveman dragging her out the elevator.  What if she was soo tired that she said f*ck it and decided to take a nap on the floor on the way to room.  I know this sounds ridiculous but wanting to go around handing out punishment for sh*t we think that might have happened is pretty wild too!!

Has anybody stopped to think that the commissioner Roger Goodell loves giving out insanely harsh punishments and that if Ray only got two games it is for a reason?  You know the reason that maybe the NFL saw the footage and only handed out a 2 game suspension was that maybe he was defending himself.  Maybe the alleged Ryu punch was in complete self defense or in the midst of them having a drunken lovers quarrel.  IF Rice really just unleashed streets of rage type of a** whooping on her and it was caught on camera the NFL definitely would have suspended him a lot longer.  The NFL  Hell, prosecutors would have charged him regardless even if his lady did not want to press charges.  Don't get me wrong I am against domestic violence but I am not sure this happened.  The only thing for sure I know is that his drunk a** struggled to drag her out the elevator (hit the weight room) and that this situation is embarrassing for everybody involved.  Him, her, the Ravens, and the NFL.  It overshadows a ton of good he does for Anti-bullying.  Most importantly lets hope that whatever issues they had are now resolved and they can get back to business as usual.  Like averaging more than 3.0 yards per carry.



No comments:

Post a Comment